View Single Post
07/13/17, 05:49 AM   #12
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It should still be possible to restrict these people from entering your house though right?
But whom? There are dozens of people in my social guild. I don't want to lock them all out of my houses by default.

Are our actions in a house recorded somewhere so that you could see who touched the lights?
They are not.

I have run a high level surveillance on our guild hall, including an add-on that would immediately start screenshotting the guild list and logging offline changes whenever I was in my house and someone would jump in my proximity, because I figured that whoever did it was probably the type of person moving like frogger. I've been set to offline mode, lurking for days, trying to catch the asshat who did that, but to no avail. (I couldn't be online 24/7, although I certainly tried). I had narrowed the list of suspects down on two dozen people who were all online during the incidents when I realised what I was doing and decided to just abandon the guild hall (that I have spent hours and several million gold furnishing) until the problem was fixed.

Since that was ages ago, I have people now who go there, wait at least ten minutes, and then tell me that it's safe to go.

I know of several guild mates who have their houses locked by default and only open it when you ask them, just because of that kind of situation. (Yes, all of those suffer from some sort of OCD.)

So I would either like a log, so that I know which players to exclude from using my add-ons ever again, kick from my guild, erase from my friends list and send assassins after, or an option to fine-tune the permissions so that anyone who is not a decorator can't change the lights.

One will involve far less butthurt and bloodshed.

Last edited by manavortex : 07/13/17 at 06:34 AM.