Thread: Update 4.0
View Single Post
04/19/18, 02:29 PM   #13
Uesp
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the API info although the changes seem minor and not related to the issue/confusion I'm having. I believe it just due to how different skill ranks work behind the scenes so it would only be relevant to a few mod authors that rely on specific ability IDs existing or abilities of different ranks having different IDs.

This is relevant to data mining for our skill browser which was messed up this update as it expected ability data in the same format/organization as previous updates.

Previously we could just do:

Code:
id01 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 0, 1)
id02 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 0, 2)
id03 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 0, 3)
id04 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 0, 4)
id11 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 1, 1)
id12 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 1, 2)
id13 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 1, 3)
id14 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 1, 4)
id21 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 2, 1)
id22 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 2, 2)
id23 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 2, 3)
id24 = GetAbilityProgressionAbilityId(progressionIndex, 2, 4)
and then the various GetAbility...() functions to get all the ability data for all 12 morph+rank combinations along with morph/rank data. However, now the ability rank seems to be a hidden factor so its not possible to get the ability data (description, tooltip, skill coefficients, etc...) for anything except the characters current rank for all skills. Further meaning I can't mine live data as I would need all active/ultimate skills leveled to rank 4 in order to get the correct tooltip data. Can use PTS templates to get all rank 4 data at least and hope there's no difference between PTS and Live on release day.

I'll keep looking at the API and trying to figure out a better/easier way of getting the data for all ability ranks and will take any suggestions people have. Would also love a ZOS dev to chip in (wink-wink) on this change and whether I'm missing anything obvious.