View Single Post
09/13/17, 07:47 PM   #10
Argusus
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
First of all, Ayantir is correct in regards to the crafting skill names, in a way. Not in the method, which doesn't work. But there is a way to obtain the names programatically: GetCraftingSkillName(craftingSkillType)

As far as I am able to determine, he is completely wrong about the weapon types. Some do work; but not all. You'll be missing certain types of weapons, for example, greatsword, maul, etc. Actually, if he checked, d(GetString("SI_ITEMTYPE", WEAPONTYPE_BOW)) outputs not Bow, but Motif. You'd need to use d(GetString("SI_WEAPONTYPE", WEAPONTYPE_BOW)) instead.
d(GetString("SI_ITEMTYPE", ITEMTYPE_WEAPON)) does work. Master writ indicators must be hardcoded, as well as the writ names.

French:

-- CRAFTING_WRIT_TYPE_NAME

-- Ok, not quite sure how these combine, but "Writ" is "Commande" and:
[CRAFTING_TYPE_ENCHANTING] = "d'enchantement",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_BLACKSMITHING] = "forge",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_CLOTHIER] = "tailleur",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_PROVISIONING] = "cuisine",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_WOODWORKING] = "bois",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_ALCHEMY] = "d'alchimie",

-- CRAFTING_WRIT_TEXT_INDICATORS

Use: GetCraftingSkillName(number TradeskillType craftingSkillType) with numbers 1-6 for these.

-- MASTER_WRIT_PHRASES -- I assume you want the quest name. If that is the case, use mine. Otherwise, Ayantir's is probably better.
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_MASTERFUL", "magistral")

-- MASTER_WRIT_TEXT_INDICATORS
-- What exactly are these supposed to be? The quest names? If so, you might be able to use:
[CRAFTING_TYPE_ALCHEMY] = "concoction",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_ENCHANTING] = "glyphe",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_PROVISIONING] = "festin",
["plate"] = "protection",
["tailoring"] = "tenue",
["leatherwear"] = "vêtement",
["weapon"] = "arme",
["shield"] = "bouclier",

-- MASTER_WRIT_WEAPON_TYPE_INDICATORS -- Not sure of your usecase. Consider using GetItemLinkName(hardCodedItemLink)
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_WEAPON", "Weapon")

--Blacksmith -- I don't know the full use case/when you need this, so there might be a better option than hardcoding it. And no, you don't have the weapon names anywhere really as a ZOS string, but you can get the names while at a crafting station.
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_DAGGER", "dague")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_SWORD", "épée")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_GREATSWORD", "longue")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_MACE", "masse")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_AXE", "hache")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_MAUL", "d'arme")
--Woodworking
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_STAFF", "Staff") -- didn't have this one, actually.
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_BOW", "arc")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_SHEILD", "bouclier")

--MASTER WRIT COMPLETE TEXT -- Can all be replaced by checking the progress values on the quest! -- If the current and max are equal, then you know they're done.

-
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_DELIVER", "livrez")

German:

-- CRAFTING_WRIT_TYPE_NAME
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_BLACK_SMITH_WRIT_NAME", "Schmiedeschrieb")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_WOODWORKING_WRIT_NAME","Schreinerschrieb")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_CLOTHIER_WRIT_NAME", "Schneiderschrieb")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_PROVISIONER_WRIT_NAME", "Versorgerschrieb")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_ALCHEMIST_WRIT_NAME", "Alchemistenschrieb")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_ENCHANTER_WRIT_NAME", "Verzaubererschrieb")

-- MASTER_WRIT_PHRASES
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_MASTERFUL", "meisterhafte")

-- MASTER_WRIT_TEXT_INDICATORS

-- Same deal as above, not sure of your usecase, this might be what you need:
[CRAFTING_TYPE_ALCHEMY] = "gebräu",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_ENCHANTING] = "glyphe",
[CRAFTING_TYPE_PROVISIONING] = "mahl",
["plate"] = "rüstung",
["tailoring"] = "nähkunst",
["leatherwear"] = "lederwaren",
["weapon"] = "waffe",
["shield"] = "schild",

--Blacksmith
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_DAGGER", "Dolche")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_SWORD", "Schwerter")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_GREATSWORD", "Bidenhänder")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_MACE", "Keulen")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_AXE", "Äxte")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_MAUL", "Streitkolben")
--Woodworking -- think there's some translation errors in the game with staves.
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_STAFF", "stäbe")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_BOW", "Bogen")
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_SHEILD", "Schilde")

-
ZO_CreateStringId("SI_CWA_DELIVER", "beliefert")

Thank you I really appreciate it!

The GetCraftingSkillName(craftingSkillType) API call returns "Blacksmithing" , "Woodworking" etc, basically this isn't what I need for identifying what the "writ name" is , I use these values to populate my dropdown when you visit a crafting station so it auto selects your current writ.

As for you questions about my Use cases. the MASTER_WRIT_TEXT_INDICATORS are text that a master writ quest name would "Contain" so I can identify if this is a master writ of a particular type, the API only tells us this is a "crafting quest type" and Master Writ blacksmith quests appear the same as normal "Blacksmith writ" quests, also the text for in the case of English is "A Masterful Weapon" for both the "Blacksmith" master quest and the "Woodworking" master quest. This leads me to use the "MASTER_WRIT_WEAPON_TYPE_INDICATORS", in this case the word "Weapon" is present in both quests, when you have them both in your Journal. I look into the quest "steps" and the "conditions" to determine if this is a Blacksmithing or woodworker quest, by using the SI_CWA_DAGGER and SI_CWA_SWORD or SI_CWA_BOW to see if this is a Blacksmith or woodworking quest. this helps me determine the CraftingSkillName based on these details.

I was able to use your suggestion and switch my client to FR to get the word "Staff" from the quest details, it was Baton.

I'm primarily a developer for C#, SQL and other languages and I'm a new to LUA and addon development in general but its fun any suggestions or recommendations are welcome..