Thread: 1.6 update
View Single Post
05/11/15, 04:00 AM   #69
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As someones may noticed, i've lacked a bit of motivation to reorganize API page.
My warning message was here for some weeks now (nobody noticed?)
Last organization was done manually and is hardly unmaintenable for my point of view

As a good lazy dev would like it, API page is now made by dump+parsing

I first started to look at UESP way to do it. But it's for a good wiki a bit too much
Also I didn't want to recuper and take all that code for me or esoui.
Thoses scripts are here as is and made to build their website which is good and must be respected (I think).

So, the easiest way I found is to reorganize by folders in ESOUI core

I've wrote a software and to continue the challenge, it's in Lua. With a Lua machine, some fun, and my first print() and io() calls. What da **** it's good to use thoses command in Lua.

For now the script is private. When I'll find it corrrect, it will be published here.

For the facts, from the ~2k functions that ZOS gived to us, you can now add the 10k internal functions they use and you can add in your code. Not all of them can be used or should be used, but you got a long list that are already used widely.

My little script also works for your addons. In next future, I'll add some things which could help us a bit more too.

And like I wrote in this page :

• Gamepad functions are not intended to be used. They're only here for Gamepad compatibility. You should not use Gamepad or Console functions.
  • /pregame functions are not accessible. They're here only as is. You can't have access to them. They're used to handle UI from the launch of eso.exe to the in-world arrival (videos, login screen, create char, select server, loading screens).
  • /internalingame function are not accessible. They're here only as is. You can't have access to them. They're used to be used by the market and some very sensitive functions.
  • Almost all of functions with a method are not accessible by their name but with their attached ingame table. For now please search source code or look at table pages. They will be listed correctly later.
  • content is (for now) mass-edited by me. Don't try to edit without a mass-edit, if you want to contribute, ask a feature or something else, please send a PM on esoui.com, or leave a comment here. You can still improve the first part extracted from Zenimax Patch notes.

Thank you, hope you still use the wiki.

http://wiki.esoui.com/API