View Single Post
06/30/18, 12:16 AM   #4
SDPhantom

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I managed to hack GetSkillLineInfo() to have the UI show hidden skills. So far, the best way with the least work is to have it set the advised flag if a hidden skill has unlock instructions. Not all hidden skills do, but this too could be worked on. Unlock instructions seem to always be a string, either empty or containing text.

Lua Code:
  1. local GetSkillLineInfo=GetSkillLineInfo;
  2. function _G.GetSkillLineInfo(...)
  3.     local name,rank,avail,_1,advised,unlock,_2,_3=GetSkillLineInfo(...);
  4.     if not avail then advised=advised or unlock~=""; end
  5.     return name,rank,avail,_1,advised,unlock,_2,_3;
  6. end

_1, _2, and _3 are unused. _1 is a number while _2 and _3 are boolean. If I were to guess, I'd say _2 is if the skill can be discovered by the character and _3 is if it has been discovered. That would make _3 a duplicate of avail if so. I'll have to dig around old sources to be sure, if they were ever used at all.

Edit: Digging around, I found this. Guess that answers my question. Though active isn't set on a few hidden skills that should. Ledgermain, Vampire/Werewolf, Guilds, and AvA skills are ones that I found.
* GetSkillLineInfo(*[SkillType|#SkillType]* _skillType_, *luaindex* _skillIndex_)
** _Returns:_ *string* _name_, *luaindex* _rank_, *bool* _available_, *integer* _skillLineId_, *bool* _advised_, *string* _unlockText_, *bool* _active_, *bool* _discovered_

Last edited by SDPhantom : 06/30/18 at 02:09 AM.