View Single Post
03/31/17, 02:35 AM   #24
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The top of the callstack would tell you where the closure was created, but it wouldn't show down to the addon triggering it. In the case of the context menu it would give you the ZO_ObjectPool_CreateControl on line 177 in ZO_ObjectPool.lua and that is it. A setting could be an option. A rough guess on storing all of the stacks for all of the stock UI closures is probably somewhere in the 30 MB range. This would require a couple days of VM modifications, but it isn't impossible.
That's still a lot more information than now and it would allow us to narrow down the culprits by searching for addons that call ZO_ObjectPool_CreateControl directly or indirectly. Would still be a lot of work though. If the full stack is "just" 30MB and could be done as a config flag, I think that route would be preferable. These couple of days would save us weeks or even years down the line (every player who has to reload the game due to that issue and every addon author who spends time to try and fix it)

@Sounomi: I haven't touched anything related to scene switches in AwesomeGuildStore since way before the update and it still suddenly pops up for some users, so it's pretty much certain that something changed in the game that causes it now and not before and I have absolutely no idea what and how I am supposed to fix it without taking the whole addon apart...