View Single Post
10/25/16, 12:17 PM   #20
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
For a friend or guild mate you can know their zone from the friends list or guild roster. Beyond that it would require a query to the server.
Maybe I should explain better what I actually want.
In EasyTravel I have a slash command which autocompletes possible targets based on the group, friends and guild roster. (If you haven't tried that addon yet, you should. It's pretty neat. )
The list of players is generated from these 3 social lists.
The list of zones is currently hardcoded because there is no way to programmatically find out if I can potentially jump there.

What I want CanJumpToZone to tell me is which zones I am allowed to social jump to and which zones I cannot jump to.
With that I would be able to generate the target zone list dynamically so I do not have to edit it in every update where a new zone is added.
It would also allow me to add more locations like public dungeons and delves to the autocompletion without having to collect their zone ids.

This would mean it should return false for:
  • PvP zones
  • delves in PvP zones
  • instances that do not have group members
  • solo instances
  • dlc zones I do not have access to
  • zones without friends or guild members
  • any other zone I cannot travel to (e.g. test zones)

If a zone has players, it should return true for:
  • overland zones (e.g. Deshaan)
  • public dungeons
  • delves outside of Cyrodiil (if it is possible to travel there, but I think that should be the case for all of them)
  • instances with group members
  • and anything else I forgot that you can jump to

I think that wouldn't require any server calls.
It would also be nice if I could somehow differentiate between zones I can never jump to and zones I cannot jump to right now because there are no players or it is locked behind a dlc. In the case of no players, I would still like to add it to the auto completion list, as EasyTravel has a feature to wait for players to enter the target zone and then automatically executes the jump.