View Single Post
07/17/14, 03:04 AM   #20
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are now some official notes on those changes:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...nge-log-pts/p1
Inlcuding a verification that they are working on gamepad (nothing official on Voice Support however).

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I like the idea of the GetItemUniqueID function but I cannot see a function or set of functions to gain access to other data if you have the UniqueID stored for an item. That would save a lot of saved variable space if you only needed to record the uniqueID and the addon was able to extract what is needed from it.
I would guess it is only there for "Is Equal" matches. The 64-bit width implies it is a hash value, not really a unique DB ID.

Returns a 64 bit value that uniquely identifies that particular item. To compare these 64 bit values use AreId64sEqual or CompareId64s. Relational operators are not guaranteed to work in all cases.
I asume AreId64sEqual does som additional checks. The logic most be more complex then A ~= B, if they write an extra function for it.

I doubt they can give us thier internal DB's unique ID. That one might change during refactoring steps and other stuff that fall under "regular maintenance".