View Single Post
04/26/17, 07:02 AM   #9
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED only sends the ID of the TARGET. EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT also sends the sourceUnitId, but I am not sure either is sending them all the time. Needs testing.

For buff tracking purposes however (like Srendarr), ALL THREE events would have to send the source ID (or some other unique identifier), as moving your mouse off a target with auras active needs to be able to refresh the target buff/debuff window when you mouse back over it or over a new target and to do that properly with separate tracking for each aura source, EVENT_RETICLE_TARGET_CHANGED would have to send this information as well.
Yes, that is a problem. I tested it shortly after the release of homestead and as far as I remember unitSourceId is ALWAYS void, even if the player is the source, be it inside CYRO or outside, be it in pve or pvp.
I see what you mean though and totally agree: source and target information should be included in ALL appropriate events - I would go further again and request another field: the globald unit id, sending the unique ressource identifier that the native code uses for each instance of an object. (*dreaming of a good server architecture to withstand the pressure* lol)

Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
It wasn't just because of PvP that these 'source fields' got nuked, originally it was because ZOS deemed it inappropriate to be able to see/track other players' dps.
EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED does not provide enough information for calculating dps. They could have blanked damage/hit notifications for EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT, but events related to buffs/debuffs gained, fading, refreshed provided by either EFFECT_CHANGED or COMBAT_EVENT do not harm anybody.

I am just saying I dont understand why they don't use better filters for unwanted actions or addons resulting from events...

Last edited by Letho : 04/26/17 at 07:17 AM.