View Single Post
04/08/17, 03:25 PM   #1
Sacralletius
[Request/Help with] RP AddOn Fame and Infamy points

Hi there

I have an idea for an addon which would like to request/try to make myself as my first AddOn.

It's an RP AddOn which does the following:

- Keep track of 2 values: fame and infamy, which persist through logging in/out, disabling/re-enabling the AddOn, etc. In short it will save both values. (These values are purely for roleplaying and have no in game advantage.)
- You infamy points will go up, each time you steal an item, pickpocket or murder an innocent, completing certain achievements/dailies/quests.
- You fame points will go up, each time you give money to beggar NPCs, complete certain achievemnts/dailies/quests, or win a duel (or kill in Cyrodiil) with a player that has a certain achievement (Silencer, Master Thief, etc). (The dueling points increase should have a one day cooldown per player.)
- An option to link your current fame and infamy points in chat.

For longer term:

- The value of (fame points minus infamy points) will give you a certain cosmetic rank.

Examples
-1000 = Grand Criminal
-500 = Crime Professional
-100 = Popular Lawbreaker
-10 = Petty Thief
0 = Citizen
10 = Upstanding Citizen
100 = Guardian of the People
500 = Hero
1000 = Legend

Example 1: You have 10 fame points and 120 infamy points -> 10 - 120 = -110 -> Which will make you a "Popular Lawbreaker".
Example 2: You have 130 fame points and 70 infamy points -> 130 - 70 = 60 -> Which will make you an "Upstanding Citizen".

Would any of this be possible with the current API?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Sacralletius