View Single Post
04/09/17, 11:44 AM   #17
Sacralletius
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
There aren't any that do this directly. Ayantir was probably alluding to using map pings to send a few bytes of data at a time. You'd have to group with the person, then have them use a custom function that calls all of the builtin functions for checking that data, then use LibGroupSocket to send that data to you. In terms of first add-on, you're jumping in the deep end of the pool.
Well, I don't really want the fame and infamy points tracked and shared. I assume you meant this would require people to group up.

But even then, the other player needs to have the addon as well, which I doubt many people will have. I think only a very small percentage of all players will actually use this addon, so I'll have to find other ways to make it work. One way, as pointed out, is tracking the active buffs or titles the other player has.
Although, I understand that it isn't possible to track passive skills, quests or achievements without grouping up?

So, for instance, I want to be able to do the following: if I see another player with the Silencer title, I can challenge them to a duel, without needing to group up. If I win the duel, I will get 20 points added to my fame points. Perhaps add a fancy message that will display in my game only (not the opponent or anyone else), saying "I've brought a criminal to justice." or something like that. Maybe play a simple sound, as well. The message and sound could be done similar to the messages you get from the Alliance War: "Player X of your alliance has been crowned Emporer."

Is this possible?

So, if I understand correctly:

Outside of Cyrodiil, without grouping up, it is possible to track:

- Titles
- Active buffs

Outside of Cyrodiil, I'll need to group up (LibGroupSocket requirement), in order to track:

- Quests
- Achievements
- Passive Skills

Inside Cyrodiil, it's only possible to track titles.

Is this correct?