View Single Post
07/13/17, 03:23 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] More fine grained guild permissions

Now that we got a new permission for hiding the gold in a guild bank, it would be nice if we could have separated permissions for hiring a trader and bidding for a trader.

Allowing more members to have the hiring permission would make hunting for a backup trader in case of a lost bid a lot easier, but at the same time bidding permissions are dangerous because they can be used to lock a guild into a "bad" spot and also because someone could place a bid with all the gold a guild has in order to ruin it.

Another nice thing would be a per user override for permissions or maybe groups of permssions which can be assigned per rank or per users. Ranks are nice, but sometimes I want to have one or more users in a certain rank and give them some permission without affecting others. For example when I have a kiosk scout group and want to give them the "hire trader" permission, I don't want to have to move them to a separate rank and only temporarily assign them that permission. Or when a user misbehaves I want to mute them in chat without having to change their rank.

Of course there are more things, but I think that's enough for now.