View Single Post
08/20/17, 07:51 AM   #3
Elmofuntz
Ok cool I was not sure if there was a reason the versions were behind or just whoever did it was not able to get to it yet. I would hardly call anyone doing addon work for the community lazy. It "gets my goat" when people bitch about addon's not working especially right after a patch, like it's something they are owed. This is one reason I am trying to do one myself this time around (I avoided it in WoW and EQ).

The link to the source helps as well thanks. I guess I am still a bit confused about my question the line I was looking at shows this

Code:
ZO_ReticleContainerInteract:SetHandler("OnShow", function()
      local action, container, _, _, additionalInfo, _ = GetGameCameraInteractableActionInfo()
Then a giant if statement all wrapped up in that SetHandler and to me it looked like a function passing or setting variables. I was trying to figure out what some of that like the _'s are for. Like I said I'm very unfamiliar with lua more a PowerShell, vb, some C# guy and I only dabble for fun. I get the general gist of what the entire code does. I've been able to modify it and add new action types and objects to it but i'm looking to do more and while theres a good chance none of the rest of that line does anything I care about I tend to get stuck on trying to know all the details just in case.

BTW I did actually find an example of that XML in all my googling somewhere and it actually added to my confusion since as you stated its clearly not a function there..

I do appreciate all the help.

-E

Last edited by Elmofuntz : 08/20/17 at 07:55 AM.