Thread: PTS issue, or?
View Single Post
08/26/15, 12:55 PM   #15
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Saving performance took a hit because of some changes over the past six months (introducing an intermediate buffer), but we've restored the performance internally and will be fixing that before 1.7 launches. Performance of the VM itself is not a known issue however. We have not noticed any changes to the performance of the stock UI. If you learn more, please let us know.
After todays patch /re is back on track, but perfomance while using my own add-on along with some other just by riding a mount forth and back through the map makes performance degrade. collectgarbage("count") indicates much faster growing than live - 29MB just after /re and about 46MB after a few minutes of riding a mount. On live version I can ride a mount for hours without having any issues. I switched most of variables to local, but it doesn't help on PTS. Increasing LUA memory limit has no effect on performance, it still degrades after same amount of time.

Edit: Performance drops are hiccups followed by FPS drops. Using same settings for live and PTS.

Last edited by Fyrakin : 08/26/15 at 01:00 PM.