View Single Post
03/24/14, 12:59 PM   #1
datbunneh
Leveling skills and skill lines

I want to figure out the most efficient way to level my skills and skill lines while leveling. So what I do know (I might be wrong though):

1. Passives do not affect skill line leveling process. It does not matter if I have invested one skill point into Spear Wall, Aedric Spear skill line won't get any benefits from that while leveling.

2. Using active abilities has a tiny benefit both to skill itself and corresponding skill line.

3. Whenever I get experience from any possible source all skills slotted in the action bar receive their income as well as their corresponding skill lines. The same is applied to armor skill lines which have their corresponding armor items equipped on the character.

What do I want to know:

1. Does it matter how many skills from the same skill line are currently slotted. Assuming I've slotted Puncturing Strikes and Piercing Javelin, does the Aedric Spear skill line receive double experience income? Or maybe every next ability slotted contributes less experience to its skill line (e.g. 1 - 1x, 2 - 1.5x, 3 - 1.75x, 4 - 1.875x erc.)? Is there any multiplier cap? Or is it all linear (x6 at 6 skills from the same line slotted)?

2. The same questions for armor pieces. Do 7 pieces of the same type of armor grant 7x experience income to corresponding skill line?

3. Do I get any exp for corresponding weapon/armor skill lines when I produce a swing, block or receive a hit? Does crit affect the amount of exp?

4. What's special about world/guild/pvp skill lines?

5. Do AoE/self-target spells contribute when you don't hit/heal anyone or possibly even out of combat at all?

From what I do know atm I can make the following conclusions. If you're a minmaxing type of guy, you would do the next while leveling:

1. Avoid investing skill points into passives until you get all 5 slots occupied.
2. Prepare skill point for your 1st ultimate beforehand.
3. Replace skills that you've finished leveling with new ones. It also requires you to prepare skill points beforehand.
4. Probably fill all possible slots of armor asap.
5. Switch to another type of armor once you've leveled the previous one.

Looking for aditional thoughts and information.

Last edited by datbunneh : 03/24/14 at 01:04 PM.