View Single Post
03/11/17, 08:32 AM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Housing: Who turned off the lights?

Hey there,

I'm suffering from a time-consuming side-effect of Housing, which is caused by us having a guild hall which is, by the very nature of the thing, open to the whole guild: Some protozoans think it's funny to turn off the lights.

Since my husband and I spend far too much time just turning on lights in the guild hall, I have found myself wanting the following things:
  1. A "Viewer" visitor mode
    I want a mode where people can enter my house, but not change the status of anything. They're free to use the crafting stations and sit on chairs, but I don't want them to be able to toggle lights.
  2. An option to lock/unlock my houses via API, so I can turn visitor access on and off
  3. An API event when someone enters my house
    I would like to be able to get a notification when someone enters one of my homes.
  4. An API event when someone interacts with a furnishing item in my house
    I would like to be able to log who does what in my house.

While point 1 solves my problem, since I can just add that as general permission for everyone and leave my houses open, I would also very much appreciate point 2 as a better control option (I noticed that I had forgotten to turn off visitor access while I was in the middle of a dungeon.)

As for point 3 and 4, while they are not strictly necessary, I would very much like to have them.