View Single Post
04/08/14, 12:27 PM   #4
Sharp

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
I have to listen to everything. I even use a mod that removes the text dialog so I don't read ahead of the voice actor. If I even get to the point where I am just clicking through stuff, the game is no longer for me and I quit. This is something I realized with WoW. My little brother came in watching me play WoW and saw me clicking through quests. He asked me why I was doing it and I told him because I just want to get the the end. I then sat there for a moment, staring at my screen and though to myself "OMG, I don't enjoy this. I'm not having fun. Why am I paying for this." I ended my subscription that night. I used to just be all about the big numbers all over my screen and the phat lewts but I realized I outgrew that stuff. I want story. I want an emotional attachment to the world I am practically living in. That's just where I'm at now.
I think clicking through quests in WoW is a lot different than ESO, as in ESO, everything is leading up to end game, whereas in WoW, all there is is end game.