View Single Post
03/19/17, 12:05 AM   #7
iwontsay
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Every action which changes the state of an item or converts items into new ones, including refining, crafting, improving items, deconstructing, putting to bank/pulling from bank is implemented as sending a request to the server to operate on the item.

The engine itself imposes an automatic kick if there are "too many" requests sent in "too short" a time. What counts as too many and too short is anyone's guess, but in the addon BankManagerRevived there is a limit of 90 items if the requests are sent with less than 100ms delay inbetween, and a message saying one has to wait for ten seconds before starting the next batch.

As far as I remember MultiCraft itself comes with a warning that if someone really overdoes it, that botting bans were issued. It may be slow enough to work its way around the automatic kick, but I guess refining more than 100 batches in one go (more than 1k of collected raw material) could be a risky proposition.

I myself do think, for a smooth operation, delay between subsequent requests should not be shorter than 100ms, or maybe even 1.5 times the ping time, whichever is lower, to ensure a safe round-trip of request/response, no more than, say, 90 requests should be sent in one batch and a 'guard time' of 15 seconds should be put between subsequent batches.

Beyond that, if someone still does process one batch after another, well, it's up to his discretion.