View Single Post
07/11/16, 12:23 PM   #4
tgolsson
Originally Posted by Haho View Post
I'm not gonna answer your question, but if i understand you'll have as many top level controls as group members with this.

You want to have only one toplevelcontrol to control the visibility of the whole group, then simple controls for groups as children of this one, and others simple controls (or labels directly) for members as great-children, so you can control the visibility of each level.

But don't multiply the toplevel controls or you'll have a hell making options later.
Well, my intended idea is sort of like this:

Code:
Addon,
PlayerFrame,
TargetFrame,
PartyFrame = [ UnitFrame, UnitFrame, UnitFrame, UnitFrame ]
RaidFrame = [ UnitFrame, ... ]
So I will indeed have many toplevel controls as I use the virtual dynamic creation. But I will have one manager for all of them that controls positioning, updating, etc. Perhaps there is a better way of doing this, but the functionality is horribly undocumented.

I develop a lot in Java, and to give an analogy (if it makes any sense to you) what I am trying to do is create View for each group member, and then create a Controller for managing all these views. It's called the "DRY" principle: "Don't repeat yourself". It's the same thing for each group member, so I should have only one piece of logic and markup for it.