Thread: Librarian
View Single Post
04/23/14, 07:04 AM   #26
Commenter
Long freezes at logout/reloadui

Hi,

I'm another user like ilmarine getting really heavy saving/logout-times. I'm up to only 400 books, and each time I do a /reloadui or try to logout the game completely freezes, I timed it a couple of times, landing at 53 seconds pretty much each time before it exits the game, or starts the reloadprocess (it is under one second with librarian disabled. no other addons were active). I can only imagine how long the freezes will be once I near the several thousand books that exist

If you're sticking to having the text saved in a variable because of people wanting to read books across all characters, I'm saying that this usability issue overshadows that wish by far. There's an option NOT to have books readable across all characters, but it still seems to use a full-text savedvariable?

If there's a chance to get another logic for the addon (for instance as ilmarine suggested, just pulling the text from the books found by the character from the API), perhaps make it an option (so as to preserve the current for those needing it) I would be very happy.

Thanks for your addon, it has been invaluable to my lore-philic playstyle.