Thread: Librarian
View Single Post
04/23/14, 10:15 PM   #28
Flamage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Commenter View Post
I timed it a couple of times, landing at 53 seconds pretty much each time before it exits the game, or starts the reloadprocess (it is under one second with librarian disabled. no other addons were active). I can only imagine how long the freezes will be once I near the several thousand books that exist

If there's a chance to get another logic for the addon (for instance as ilmarine suggested, just pulling the text from the books found by the character from the API), perhaps make it an option (so as to preserve the current for those needing it) I would be very happy.
The problem with only using the API is that the addon is then useless until your character gets the Eidetic Memory skill. I, for one, don't have it yet.

The size of your library is not the only issue here. I know the game can write out huge amounts of data quickly, because while working on the addon yesterday it tried to write out a cyclic saved variable and I got an 8GB file in less than a minute before I end-tasked the game. There is something else going on here and when that is sorted there shouldn't be any performance issues regardless of the size of the database.

Originally Posted by Myssy View Post
i hope you could fix this issue fast!
I'm working on it as fast as I can, I promise!