View Single Post
01/17/17, 01:05 PM   #13
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I believe that it was anything that allows you to detect the presence or actions of a hostile player without having to see them.
1. In this case can i expect that ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN directed to the player from a stealthed origin will be patched out as well?

2. What i have as an idea is to somehow get the UnitId to UnitName link from "reticleover", since you patched getting that from EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED.

Now the question is - if i'll be able to find a way of doing that it, will it technically be within the paradigm of "not allowing you to detect the presence or actions of a hostile player without having to see them" even though the addon will keep track of them by unitId after the initial recognition has happened?

This way for anybody to be tracked by the addon the player will need to manually mouseover them.

So, if i'll be able to perform this, will it still be against the paradigm? And if not, will you be able to provide a fucntion to GetUnitIdFromReticleOver() then to make it considerably easier for me?

Thank you!