View Single Post
01/17/17, 04:02 PM   #16
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Combat events will also only be sent for abilities that come from you or target you instead of what we do now which is clear out some of the identifying info.
Now that i know this you can disregard the unitId from reticelover part. It looks like that unless you make a mistake in the implementation all cases of sourceUnitId/targetUnitId in the events will be accompanied by the source/target names.

The only thing that is left is reticleover target buff info. Right now on pts this info is blank. Was that the intended decision or a collateral result of not supplying buff info to addons through the events?

In my mind even though these buffs might not have been cast by you, having this information on reticleover fully falls into the "not allowing you to detect the presence or actions of a hostile player without having to see them" doctrine. After all you can visually see most if not all of those buffs, so it feels consistent to allow addons to get the target buffs information from reticelover target only.

What is your stance on this part?

We'll also clean up the case of the heavy attack sending a begin event even though the source is stealthed, but that will come from a server change.
Thank you for the heads-up! Even those the whole set of these changes essentially disables my addon i do appreciate knowing this beforehand so i had some time perform a proper burial

What would you need the unit id for in this new system?
In the light of the additional changes there's no need for this anymore

Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
Question : so any player you have targeted once, if going stealth, would still be tracked by your addon ?
This is irrelevant with the new changes. None of this will work.

Last edited by dorrino : 01/17/17 at 04:05 PM.