View Single Post
01/10/17, 08:37 AM   #1
tunepunk
Additional Quests? [Request?]

After completing most of the content in game i find myself doing the same dailies over and over and I'm getting pretty tired of it. Same quests over and over. I'm not sure what the capabilities are for addons so I have some questions, about if there would be a way to add additional quests to the game?

1. Would it be possible to add dialogue to NPCs in game? I'm looking towards those who are not usually involved in any particular quests, and doesn't have any significant dialogue. Could talking with those trigger the addon, to popup dialogue from let's say an external source, like a server?

2. I imagine those kind of quests can't be tracked in the regular quest tracker, but maybe a second quest tracker could be made for the additional quests? Or maybe not needed if they are based on Achievments. If you can pull data like dialoge and interactions from a server into eso, then maybe you could store your progress also on server?

3. I doubt you can add any quest rewards except for dialogue, but it's not really needed, or maybe the quests could be based on achievment status. For example. Fishing, Trophy hunter, or other ingame achievments.

4. Can you place markers on certain NPC's, and assign an interaction button to them, to trigger the quests or the quest addon?

This is how I imagine it would work.

Scattered across tamriel are lot's of NPC that don't usually do much. They are just props. I wan't them to randomly give you quests based on your achievements or pulled from a database of premade quests, connected to those NPC. So you're running around and coming across an NPC that usually doesn't have anything particular to say. You trigger the quest, a small dialogue pops up, and you get some waypoints, or instructions.

Examples of quests:
* Travel to This and that dungeon, kill 50 bandits. (Very simple one) if you can track kills of a certain kind?

* Collect trophies from Dwemer constructs. This is an ingame achivement, so the Addon, would mark out places where you could usually find those, and once you finished the quest you get the Achievment. Maybe a collector NPC gives you this quest.

* Fishing quests, Interacting with an NPC, will mark some spots where you could usually find those kind of fish.

* Justice Quests. Randomly across Tamriel NPC's would actually give you quests based on those Achiements, and ask you to murder someone, steal steal stuff, Trespass, butcher, and whatnot.

And much much more....

It just gives you a reason to do all the Achievments in a more rewarding way, instead of just roaming around, doing them on your own accord.

I think Tamriel would feel more alive if there was actually more quests, even end game, when you've completed most regular content.

Any thoughts ideas?