View Single Post
11/20/17, 05:34 PM   #8
aldericon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Just grab item name from the equipslot ?
it's GetItemLinkFlavorText no? I don't a lot of access, but you don't need a new api function for this.
I had played around with that while building my addon (Auto-Tabard) but the GetItemLinkFlavorText didn't return it, because if you try linking a Guild Tabard, it only ever says 'Crafted' where it usually says 'Represents: GUILD NAME'.

But decay2 is correct - I'd like a way to grab it from other players, friendly and enemy, as long as they have their settings set-up to display it. And I had no idea that their were similar threads already posted, such as Ayantir's nameplate request or sirinsidiator's Guild Kiosks thread.
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The best we could do is give you the guild id. But the entire guild system is based off of a fake id instead of the real guild id, so it would involve changing those APIs to use the real guild id.
If the guild id is all that you can give us, can we do as sirinsidiator suggested and be able to map that id to a Guild Name?

I really appreciate all the talk on this thread for suggestions on how to get it to work.