View Single Post
02/19/14, 05:48 AM   #15
fishyyy
Originally Posted by TopfliteB View Post
Nice thinking here mate! I too played a Templar Healer/Mage, only got mine to 18 though.

I too hit the soft cap on magicka and regen and I like your idea of swapping out a few pieces of light armor for heavy. In light of these thoughts, and because it does a little to scratch the itch....

A possible build for my secondary skill bar- Sword and board, 5 Light Armor 2 Heavy Armor
Lol I still have so many things to talk about. Get ready:

@TopfliteB: Crippling Slash and Invasion as 1H/Shield abilities are perfect. I will definetly put them in.
I also had an eye on Power Slam. Up to 15s Disorient, holy sh**. This would give a perfect possibility to get away (although I assume in XvX PVP the effect will be broken after 3 seconds or so because there are usually a lot of players around).

Not sure about Vampires Bane. I know it is a good single DPS spell. Did you choose it because it is relatively cheap?

I assume you will use Total Dark in case your enemy is a frequent caster. I am not convinced with this skill (for my build of course) and would exchange it with another Aedric spear or healing ability.

Biting Jabs is again good for damage. In my case I would replace it with Focused Charge. Just not sure bc I dont understand the description. Does it only stun if the enemy is interrupted while casting or is he stunnded in every case?

Crescent Sweep is awesome bc you can more or less spam it as your Ultimate. BUT look at the radius (only 5m). I would exchange it because this one only makes sense if you want to stick around your enemy long enough to deal serious damage. As a mostly light-armored Templar I assume you dont want that. Better to leave damage dealing to the DPS builds
Not many ultimates left then. Personally I would go with Solar Prison as I am almost sure that synergy will be used a lot when playing with more advanced/serious/intelligent people. 300 Ultimate is super high though (oh well at least you can cast it from distance)

Some general things here:
- More stamina based abilities on your second bar gives you magica a perfect time to regenerate without need to stop casting If not under attack I would use my magaica pool, switch to stamina pool, empty it, switch back to magica. Much coordination but woth it

- I also touched the magica caps (which I found pretty low). I think what Holylifton and TopfliteB said is the perfect concept: 5 light and 2 heavy armor pieces. And with other passive boni you will still be able to get to that cap
From experimentation with the craftig simulator it may be best to make your Cuirass and Shoes/Helmet/Shoulder to Heavy Armor since they give the best Armor (from Lvl 26 onwards).

- I have a question about the Siege Shield. Does the Siege Weapon Shield only protect Siege Weapons or also your Allied Players? The description seems to contradict itself. IF it reduces up to 90% also for my allies I will definetly morph this one.
I found the other morph interesting as well. Think about a group of defending Archers on Siege Walls each being protected by one healer that holds Propelling Shield. Not sure how far the maximum distance from Archers is but I think they get to Around 35m which can be boosted to 42m with the shield. Huge advantage if you can attack your enemy and he doesnt

- Very general but: How does Ultimate Points charge up? Only by dealing damage?