Thread: AddOn Profiles
View Single Post
05/12/14, 10:19 AM   #12
Nitewalker
As a newbie here and seeing this thread, I believe you all have valid points, with the foolish banter excluded.

IMO, heyguyslol has great ideas to profile the addons into various functional classes (action packs, whatever) according to quests, pvp , raid/dungeon, bank, loot, etc. with the ability to disable or enable a certain set of addons depending on the situation while somehow disabling the others.

CatoThe Elder, great idea for optimization and a toggle to hide them. Regardless of how well a program is written, they still take up space, both on the drive and on the screen. Optimization goes a long way to minimize this and a toggle to keep the play screen relatively clear when necessary.

Also, although I am not a programmer or coder, I do know that if a problem isn't mentioned it doesn't get fixed. Great suggestion to let the developer/author know what is happening in as much detail as possible so they can put their expertise to work and iron out additional bugs as possible. I'm a strong proponent of this and respect it tremendously.

Both moderators/administrators were right in pointing out the "rules of the road". Banter excluded, this to me was a great tread with some good suggestions.