View Single Post
02/26/16, 03:13 PM   #30
Kith
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Cool, will we be able to turn of the attack swing timers?^^

Have you checked if its displayed on your target debuffs? Its not like before anymore cause Caltrops dosen't give you a buff that the addon can display. Thats why I asked Kith to combine the old and new method of tracking things like this
Castbar: I've decided not to go ahead with heavy attack swing timers. While I can get close to proper accuracy, I can't quite get it to work 100% and i'd rather not add them than have them only work some of the time. The cast bar will be there for spells / channels and will have a couple of configuration options for display. It does take into account Latency as well so the 'time remaining' will be higher than the spell claims if you have high ping but (with my ~300ms) every cast I tried accurately tracked the cast.

For special buffs like Caltrops, Storm Elemental that aren't providing proper auras. I intend to put together a database of those and fire 'fake' auras to accomodate (debating whether a fake aura should be highlighted or noted in some way to denote its not 100% accurate, thoughts?) and put them in the usual categories you'd expect.

I will need a list of problematic Auras to test with (the english names unless you personally know the IDs for all versions of the effect). Only one I can reasonably test myself would be the (unmorphed) Storm Elemental.

-- Current Work
Handling procs (nearly done, but will need testing for everything but Crystal Fragments)
Cast bar (as above, mostly done)
Fix for blacklisting & whitelisting auras on non-english clients (will need testing by others)

* Just a bit more no the heavy attack. There are events that fire when you start a cast or heavy attack, as well as cooldown updates that give clues to the completion. The problem I ran into for heavy was if you chain a few attacks via holding the mouse down OR you let go [i]right[i] as a heavy attak goes off, the events all give the exact information so its impossible to know (before a new castbar shows up!) whether it should or not. There were also some problematic interactions with anim cancelling so I figured it best just to drop it unless more events are added in future API changes.

Last edited by Kith : 02/26/16 at 03:16 PM.