View Single Post
05/16/17, 10:33 AM   #20
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@ChipHilseberg: Oh, frankly I thought the blanked fields were introduced recently :O Doesn't change anything though, some nuances would be very appreciated!

Like Kyoma, I am especially interested in developing addons that help players with raiding.

Let me give you an example:
The 2nd boss in Maw of Lorkahj (the twins) place an effect on you that makes you to belong to the "holy/golden" or "shadow/dark" side. If two players of opposite sides meet, they detonate and die. Many boss mechanics like this one are not communicated by EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED, they are not shown as buffs/debuffs. So my only chance is using combat events here. I would really love EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT giving full information for NPCs, at least in PvE settings, to make boss actions trackable.

You might ask what the purpose of those addons is:
Well, ESO is very overloaded with visual effects in larger grps in my oppinion, so always looking for your character's body parts glowing is nearly impossible without suffering from stimulus satiation after a short time - IF you can see anything at all. Same goes for PvP in large groups. The approach of "players keeping an eye on their own characters and on enemy characters" does only work out in small scale combat situations, so I develop my addons to compensate.
Additionally players (especially healers) might want to coordinate their actions, but they need information about who put what and how many healing effects on whom. This is where source information would come in VERY handy.

Last edited by Letho : 05/16/17 at 10:37 AM.