View Single Post
02/18/17, 02:48 PM   #52
Solinur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
Good catch!

I guess I should say, that it won't work without unitID for buffs/debuffs that aren't returned by GetUnitBuffInfo(). This includes enchant procs like Crusher, certain abilities like Trap Beast, set procs, and I had thought taunts but apparently those do show up.

Still it's a good solution for most cases. Srendarr already uses GetUnitBuffInfo() on EVENT_RETICLE_TARGET_CHANGED to populate the debuff frame. I just had to use the imperfect name tracking method for those cases where as I said, the buff/debuff is one that is not returned by GetUnitBuffInfo().

That is where returning unitID from GetUnitBuffInfo('unit', i) as well, or having a new function GetUnitID('unit'), would be really helpful. Because the name method is imperfect to catch these cases.
Ah now I understand. A workaround to identify units is to look for buffs and their start/end times (that you saved previously). Those times are really precise. I use it to "identify" reticle targets in Untaunted as well (and highlight the corresponding frame)