View Single Post
05/22/18, 02:26 AM   #6
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You could use FCOItemSaver to mark the stuff you created with a marker icon and protect this against "what ever you want to protect it against" (trade, sell, destroy).

If I'm remembering correctly there is an option within FCOIS protection submenu -> "Anti-*" to protect food/drink against usage if they are marked with a marker icon.
Crafted items armor, weapon, shields) get already auto-marked with a markericon if you set the addon up to do so. Writ created stuff as well. But only if you use Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator -> And it only supports weapons and armor so far; no jewelry (until Summerset, maybe now it is supported), no alchemy, no provisioning and no enchanting.
After I wrote that, I revisited the FCOItemSaver settings in the game, and was reminded just how much complexity was hiding in there, some of which I hadn't used. One bit of that unused complexity was a setting or two to protect crafted food and potions, which I enabled. Is that exactly what I want? I'm a little unsure of the exact effect and whether it might have unintended consequences until I've ridden it around the block, but it seems promising. I started using FCOItemSaver to manually lock those crafted items, but I never trust myself not to miss something and it seemed a good candidate for automation.

Logically, I'd rather see that capability incorporated into Lazy Writ Crafter(Creator?) - which I do use - where those settings would nestle neatly alongside the similar integrated protections for crafted gear items (which I've also been using), but I'm glad it exists somewhere.