View Single Post
03/14/14, 07:08 AM   #100
Halja

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi, I’m a long time RPG/MMORPG player and first-time add-on writer.

I started with pen and paper Dungeons & Dragons back in the fall of 1979. Yea, I’m kind of an old fart to this genre. My first MMORPG was DAOC. There was an IT water cooler conversation at work about the shortly Christmas 2001. A group of five had already started playing and invited me to try and help them form a guild. Needless to say, I was hooked like an addict. I played not only with them but had characters on the Pendragon test server. I also beta tested their expansions up through Catacombs.

In the summer of 2004, a majority of my work guild got in to the WoW beta. It did not engage me as much as DOAC but I still played it for over a year after its release. My nephews and nieces were playing Everquest II by then. So, I shifted to that MMORPG. I did have a six month stint in Warhammer Online in 2008 to 2009. For the last year, I have not played EQ2 much. I was very excited to learn about Elder Scrolls Online. The US stress test weekend was really fun to get a taste of the game.

Shortly after that weekend, I got my invite to play on the ESO test server and decided to even author an add-on. That’s a long introduction, sorry. Lua is a new language for me but I’ve done n-tier application development in multiple programming languages over the last 20 years.

--halja