View Single Post
01/23/15, 08:48 PM   #26
timidobserver
Originally Posted by dopiate View Post
Ok I do have one question, name one F2P, P2W, Pay to Level, or any other model that someone has gotten it right?

I think your player base cares the most when they have a subscription.

I mean fine - sell pets, and costumes but this isn't looking that innocent.

-d

ps I have a long history with this I started with UO and hung in there until the "Ninja" expansion!!! I played WoW and hung in there until the "Panda" expansion and I played Rift until almost anything good you have to pay for one way or another -- so ESO is my Fav of all time so far in game play and play style but I think they have made some bad choices. Why not make 1 mega sever and let the rest of the team work on content?
It's about money. If the investors don't get their money they won't pay for the game. You can't expect people to lose money to make you happy. We are fortunate that they are trying to be conservative about it and just offer cosmetics and minor boosts.

I have a guild that currently has 128 members of which about 10 are still subbed. It makes complete sense to try to get those other 118 players back in the game in hopes that they may be swayed to drop a few dollars here and there.

It is important to judge the ESO B2P system on its own merits not the merits of the other games you have had a bad experience with.

Last edited by timidobserver : 01/23/15 at 08:52 PM.