View Single Post
04/02/17, 12:51 PM   #1
Irregulator
New Developer Here, Couple Questions

Hi all,

I'm new to addon authoring but not to coding. I had a couple ideas in mind and was hoping to get some feedback/somewhere to start with them.
  1. I want to be able to re-color the standard discovered map pins on the world map. I understand each pin has a texture .dds file associated with it - can I change that file or somehow change what file is used for world map pins?
  2. A toggle sprint keybind (not toggle run). I have some issues with my hands and would like to not have to hold a button in order to sprint. Ideally I could press this toggle sprint key and my character would sprint until he ran out of stamina or until I pressed the move forward or backward keys. It'd work similarly on a horse.

Where should I start with these ideas? I know that the function that actually makes your character sprint is private - does this mean my toggle sprint idea isn't possible?
Since all the .dds files are rolled into .dat files in the game's code - does that mean changing the game's map pin colors won't be possible?

Thanks for your time.