Thread: ESOUI Discord
View Single Post
06/02/17, 11:16 AM   #29
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like the community is also split if it comes to the decision. I created that server because I really like discord and spend much time on it. I explained why I would rather like it to by community owned. You (Dolby) answered to some of my agruments (though you said nothing about Arcane Scripters Guild! :P) but that didn't convince me. I thought people would be rather possitive about it but I already got offended... do something nice and turn the other cheek is seems. Not sure if I want to stay in such community. I'm also active in other modding communities so one less is not a big pain. Don't take as a blackmail, those are just my feelings about the situations after this short discussion.

Anceane,
Don't know if that was your intention (probably quite opposite) but point 2 sounds to me like a situation on official discord server if it ever gets created. I said I would share the ownership with other authors. The one leader thing is the case in official IRC channel and arcane scripters guild (there is one leader, and that's mmoui). There are some positive sides of it, I'm not saying mmoui staff is bad or anything like it (Dolby is kind enough that he's not going to open official discord server until we are unanimous). It's just that in such environments I feel like in kindergarden.
3. check my addons comments - you can clearly see I'm not reading them too ofter. But I'm almost allways available on discord. Is this forcing anyone to do anything? In my opition it's rather helping people reach some authors.

I'm also grateful of having ESOUI. Thanks to them I can share my addons with players. I just don't want them to be everywhere, controlling everything :P But what I want is not what commmunity wants, so read the first paragraph of the comment