View Single Post
03/30/18, 06:28 PM   #7
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Letho View Post
As we can see, lightning blockade will send no combat event after it has been successfully cast, so the only way of determining if the cast was successful is waiting for it to deal the first damage tick.
Blockade fires off 4 EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED (Spreadsheet Link) with no source/target that can be tracked though. Almost all ground auras have this except a few that are bugged (Ranks 2-4 of all the Fighter's Guild Circle of Protection Morphs so far from what I've seen). You can track those and filter with "if castByPlayer == COMBAT_UNIT_TYPE_PLAYER" to determine if it was player sourced. Unfortunately some of these don't have proper names or icons and you'd have to manually track the individual ids to determine if the effect did go off. I'm working on adding every GTAOE class ability into table in LUI which other authors could benefit from but its time consuming and I get burnt out every time I delve into it so its pretty impractical.

However - there is still a slight delay between action bar events and effects firing off. Also its worth nothing that if the player has their weapon sheathed the action bar events all fire off but the effect is delayed by the duration of the weapon draw animation.

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 03/30/18 at 06:32 PM.