View Single Post
05/03/18, 05:52 PM   #6
DesertDwellers
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Stilling having an issue, I will be the first to admit I am still new at the addon programming, so maybe I am missing something very obvious, I have more detail than I did.

Error I am getting with FCM Quest Tracker loaded, and only that one (I am the Author), is this.

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/ZO_Quest/QuestTracker.lua:436: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/ZO_Quest/QuestTracker.lua:436: in function 'ZO_Tracker:ForceAssist'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Map/WorldMap.lua:2008: in function 'callback'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Map/WorldMap.lua:2491: in function 'ZO_WorldMap_HandlePinClicked'
	ZO_MapPin0_MouseUp:5: in function '(main chunk)'
Similiar errors occur when I click on a qust on the map to make it the focused quest, or the quest on the side of the map in the quest list, or if I click the quest from the journal.

The only thing in the error different i sthe last three lines, here are they respectively clicking on the right side in quest list, and the other in clicking on a quest in the journal.

Code:
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/ZO_Quest/QuestTracker.lua:436: in function 'ZO_Tracker:ForceAssist'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Map/Keyboard/WorldMapQuests_Keyboard.lua:68: in function 'WorldMapQuests:QuestHeader_OnClicked'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Map/Keyboard/WorldMapQuests_Keyboard.lua:95: in function 'ZO_WorldMapQuestHeader_OnMouseUp'
	ZO_WorldMapQuestsPaneScrollChildHeader1Name_MouseUp:3: in function '(main chunk)'

Code:
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/ZO_Quest/Keyboard/QuestJournal_Keyboard.lua:121: in function 'TreeEntryOnSelected'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Tree/ZO_Tree.lua:697: in function 'ZO_TreeNode:OnSelected'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Tree/ZO_Tree.lua:403: in function 'ZO_Tree:SelectNode'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Tree/ZO_Tree.lua:880: in function 'ZO_TreeEntry_OnMouseUp'
	EsoUI/Ingame/ZO_Quest/Keyboard/QuestJournal_Keyboard.lua:493: in function 'ZO_QuestJournalNavigationEntry_OnMouseUp'
	ZO_QuestJournalNavigationContainerScrollChildZO_QuestJournalNavigationEntry1_MouseUp:3: in function '(main chunk)'
The function ZO_Tracker:ForceAssist is not being called from my code, nor any of the functions listed in either message are. I am sure there is a problem in my code, since if I unload the addon all these work fine.

Currently I am debugging, and I said all this to ask, does anyone know if there is something that has changed such as event, or in code that could be causing this. I know that may be hard question to answer without seeing all the code. At the least if I can get a direction to go that would be great.

Thanks for your time.