Thread: ESO vs WoW
View Single Post
04/06/14, 12:02 AM   #7
awesomebilly
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Eso API

Hello,

I only read your post, none of the replies (sorry).

ESO has a decent API but is more definitely restricting quite a few features. I believe this is to prevent gold sellers? / unsure.
-- for example, we cannot make this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wim-3

We have a pretty awesome API community and we all chat in mIRC. We also have an in game guild.
Quite a few of us (Including myself) are new to LUA( the programming language for addons ) but experiences in other languages (Java/Android API, C, ruby etc. etc)

I agree with you and can 1up it.

I believe minecraft became so popular since bukkit, bukkit took that game by storm, encouraged kid programming and experienced java programmers to develop for it and people LOVEEEE IT.

If ESO can create an even better API and get more modders into the community it was florish. I myself would love to see a niche created for ESO modding, its the way for gaming future for all games to become popular.

For more UI features, I think we need more API freedom, a few awesome programmers have create a few addon apis we can connect into, but I'd love to see a few UI elements standardized between addons. -- maybe an API which image/textures to quickly do this. This may already be available I need to check.

I'm new to this community, but it is growing thanks to pills, Carienn, Pawkette and more.

-Will