09/16/14, 05:00 AM   #1
Kraeius

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
API 100009 and Patch 1.4.3

I experience some anchor related problems on InfoHub after I patched to 1.4.3. Is there any change about it? And you guys have missing addon name characters on addon selection menu or its just me? Its like third word on an addon's name which coloured with hex codes are missing. But not all of them.
09/16/14, 10:12 AM   #2
Garkin

Originally Posted by Kraeius View Post
I experience some anchor related problems on InfoHub after I patched to 1.4.3. Is there any change about it? And you guys have missing addon name characters on addon selection menu or its just me? Its like third word on an addon's name which coloured with hex codes are missing. But not all of them.
It seems that addon title can't have more then 32 characters now.
09/16/14, 11:13 AM   #3
merlight
I'm slowly getting tired of this kind of changes. Why break something that works (1) without actually improving anything (2)? Would be nice if they just said "Hey guys, stop fcoloring your add-on names".

1) Previously if you had long addon name with colored parts, it got cut off where it should... well, almost. If you had a long texture filename in the title, it would happily cut in between |t tags so it came up as a white rectangle.

2) Colored names still don't order properly
09/16/14, 11:23 AM   #4
Ayantir

I up this topic to ask if someone else than me got problem with LINK_HANDLER features ?..

I cannot do a LINK_HANDLER:RegisterCallback anymore, Unregister, Clean too.. code is simply ignored ?
Some functions have been removed, but this one still exists but does anything...
09/16/14, 11:57 AM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
I up this topic to ask if someone else than me got problem with LINK_HANDLER features ?..

I cannot do a LINK_HANDLER:RegisterCallback anymore, Unregister, Clean too.. code is simply ignored ?
Some functions have been removed, but this one still exists but does anything...
I don't really understand why there are two different events for clicks (LINK_HANDLER.LINK_CLICKED_EVENT, LINK_HANDLER.LINK_MOUSE_UP_EVENT), but it was not hard to make DerpURL work again with the latest changes in EsoUI. Unfortunately I was not able to make it work with the latest changes you have made to pChat. What kind of magic did you use to break custom links?
09/16/14, 11:59 AM   #6
merlight
Another ridiculous change - paths to Lua files in manifest are now limited to 48 characters. Anything longer is not loaded.
09/16/14, 01:06 PM   #7
Ayantir

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I don't really understand why there are two different events for clicks (LINK_HANDLER.LINK_CLICKED_EVENT, LINK_HANDLER.LINK_MOUSE_UP_EVENT), but it was not hard to make DerpURL work again with the latest changes in EsoUI. Unfortunately I was not able to make it work with the latest changes you have made to pChat. What kind of magic did you use to break custom links?
I rewrited ZO_LinkHandler_OnLinkClicked .. but if you get a better solution, I take it
*reading code of Copy Item Link *

Hum. ok, I read derpurl & your Copy Item Link. And Yes i did those changes, and nothing worked for me. still don't understand.
edit2: ok.. found. was very easy in fact. maybe i need coffee. still don't understand why need to register the 2 handlers now.

Last edited by Ayantir : 09/16/14 at 01:36 PM.
09/17/14, 08:45 AM   #8
Garkin

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Another ridiculous change - paths to Lua files in manifest are now limited to 48 characters. Anything longer is not loaded.
It works a bit different way, it is not 48 characters written in the addon manifest, it's a lenght of the file path including the addon folder name.

For example this works (69 characters):
Code:
InventoryInsightFromAshes/libs/LibMediaProvi/LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
This does not work (70 characters):
Code:
InventoryInsightFromAshes/libs/LibMediaProvid/LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
Also this works (69 characters):
Code:
Azurah/TestWithLibrary1/LibMediaProvider-1.0/LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
This does not (70):
Code:
Azurah/TestWithLibrary12/LibMediaProvider-1.0/LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
Don't ask me why 69 characters, I have no idea. Probably there should be included also "AddOns/" and maybe something else (tested with EU client).
09/17/14, 10:49 AM   #9
merlight
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Don't ask me why 69 characters, I have no idea. Probably there should be included also "AddOns/" and maybe something else (tested with EU client).
Afterwards I thought it might count more than the relative path, but was too lazy to test thoroughly. It's silly anyway, even if you took the full path, it'd be around 120 characters (depending on login name), whereas PATH_MAX or how's that constant named on Windows has been 260 since when? DOS?
09/17/14, 11:06 AM   #10
Garkin

Afterwards I thought it might count more than the relative path, but was too lazy to test thoroughly. It's silly anyway, even if you took the full path, it'd be around 120 characters (depending on login name), whereas PATH_MAX or how's that constant named on Windows has been 260 since when? DOS?
Full path for me is 130 characters:
Code:
c:\Users\Garkin\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\InventoryInsightFromAshes\libs\LibMediaProvi\LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
So it will be probably 128 characters limit for:
Code:
\Users\Garkin\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\InventoryInsightFromAshes\libs\LibMediaProvi\LibMediaProvider-1.0.lua
09/17/14, 01:29 PM   #11
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
This kind of unannounced crap pisses me off. Just makes all of us look bad, when really it's their poor judgement and bad decisions at fault.
09/17/14, 05:46 PM   #12
mctaylor

I would guess (pure speculation) that it was a change in the core Lua modules made to fix issues / work within limitations for consoles environments.

That or some sort of strange memory usage reduction or yak shaving exercise.
09/17/14, 06:56 PM   #13
Garkin

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg
These bugs were a result of fixing some long path name crashes. We will be expanding the add-on name back to 64 characters and the path to 302 characters. We also have code in the works to add an author name column to save space in the add-on title (where names were often put), and code to fix sorting when color markup is used to begin the name. The changes relating to author and sorting will be a bit later on.
Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...omment_1275009
09/17/14, 06:57 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
This was posted in Wykkyd's thread just a little bit ago:
ZOS_ChipHilseberg mod
September 17 Staff Post
These bugs were a result of fixing some long path name crashes. We will be expanding the add-on name back to 64 characters and the path to 302 characters. We also have code in the works to add an author name column to save space in the add-on title (where names were often put), and code to fix sorting when color markup is used to begin the name. The changes relating to author and sorting will be a bit later on.
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...mes-file-paths

/edit: and Garkin beat me!
09/17/14, 10:05 PM   #15
merlight
Thanks for squeezing a response from ZOS. It shed some light on two blurry and one really, really dark matter...

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » API 100009 and Patch 1.4.3