View Poll Results: Is the map level section a good enough idea to pursue?
Yes, it's a good idea, I would use it 2 40.00%
Yes, it's a good idea, but I would not use it 2 40.00%
No, it's a bad idea 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

03/27/15, 05:14 PM   #1
KageSama19
[Request] Level Map

So I had an idea, it sounds simply in theory. So a map that takes each zone and visually sections it off based on enemy and quest levels in that section. Like down here we have lvl 5 enemies and quests, over here we have lvl 6, here lvl 7, etc. As a bonus, might be harder, have a quest counter that either shows how many quest are available in that section or possibly harder a completion counter that shows how many you've finished out of how many there are for each section.

Last edited by KageSama19 : 03/27/15 at 05:18 PM.
03/27/15, 11:39 PM   #2
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by KageSama19 View Post
So I had an idea, it sounds simply in theory. So a map that takes each zone and visually sections it off based on enemy and quest levels in that section. Like down here we have lvl 5 enemies and quests, over here we have lvl 6, here lvl 7, etc. As a bonus, might be harder, have a quest counter that either shows how many quest are available in that section or possibly harder a completion counter that shows how many you've finished out of how many there are for each section.
Doesn't sound like you need a level map. Its more like a new player guide, Zygor guides or something?
03/28/15, 12:09 AM   #3
KageSama19
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
Doesn't sound like you need a level map. Its more like a new player guide, Zygor guides or something?
Sorta like a new player guide. I was think experienced players would benefit from it more, so if they make new characters they aren't wasting time trying to find leveled quests and can power level easier.
03/28/15, 01:12 AM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
Sorta like a new player guide. I was think experienced players would benefit from it more, so if they make new characters they aren't wasting time trying to find leveled quests and can power level easier.
try this
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info5...Locations.html
03/28/15, 01:22 AM   #5
KageSama19
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post

I think I recently tried that and it's outdated and doesn't work.
03/28/15, 02:06 AM   #6
QuadroTony
Banned
write to his author and he will fix it
03/28/15, 03:03 AM   #7
KageSama19
I will, but I still think this would be more effective overall.
03/28/15, 03:41 AM   #8
Fyrakin

I will, but I still think this would be more effective overall.
I doubt it. ESO is made of quest hubs which are relatively close to each other, all you need is to explore just a little so you see a quest giver on your radar, which only takes a few moments, then you just follow objectives until you clear the hub. If you want to see the map with all objectives on it while you move I suggest to use minimap, other than that radar has its own guidance and, well, for player who allready ran through thae whole thing the only guidance they need is skyshards, lorebooks and maybe harvestmap nodes so they get some resources on their way of questing. Honestly ESO world is too small to do anything like you suggest. Besides quest levels are grouped in 5 level ranges for each zone. Anyone who plays through the content at least once knows that.
03/28/15, 04:03 AM   #9
KageSama19
Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
I doubt it. ESO is made of quest hubs which are relatively close to each other, all you need is to explore just a little so you see a quest giver on your radar, which only takes a few moments, then you just follow objectives until you clear the hub. If you want to see the map with all objectives on it while you move I suggest to use minimap, other than that radar has its own guidance and, well, for player who allready ran through thae whole thing the only guidance they need is skyshards, lorebooks and maybe harvestmap nodes so they get some resources on their way of questing. Honestly ESO world is too small to do anything like you suggest. Besides quest levels are grouped in 5 level ranges for each zone. Anyone who plays through the content at least once knows that.
I think you completely misunderstood what I am getting at for the add-on. I don't want them to label every quest giver and all that. I want a map that is basically doing what the world map already does. One zone is for level 3-15, next zone is next segment, etc. I want those zones to be further labeled what level the mobs and quests are so if you don't feel like doing every single quest you can do a few in one level area, level up, move to next level area. And I have played through the game, hence why I am asking for a simple add-on to make power leveling new characters as steam line as possible you condescending ass.
03/28/15, 12:36 PM   #10
Fyrakin

I think you completely misunderstood what I am getting at for the add-on. I don't want them to label every quest giver and all that. I want a map that is basically doing what the world map already does. One zone is for level 3-15, next zone is next segment, etc. I want those zones to be further labeled what level the mobs and quests are so if you don't feel like doing every single quest you can do a few in one level area, level up, move to next level area. And I have played through the game, hence why I am asking for a simple add-on to make power leveling new characters as steam line as possible you condescending ass.
I think you don't understand what I was saying in that regard. For new players story drives them through level appropriate content, there is no need for anything like that, you simply won't get past the zone before you finish the intended content for your starting level. Later on you can skip some content do some other group content or go PvP some and be good to continnue in the next zone. There are only 5 PvE regions you can go before going to oblivion and back for silver and gold content. Everyone who played at least once will know for what levels each zone is. This simply does not make any sense, sorry.
03/29/15, 12:43 AM   #11
KageSama19
I don't think I can make it any clearer. I want a map that shows the level sections of each zone. Like Glenumbra, near Daggerfall is level 7 mobs and quests, venture out and you fine high levels the further you go north. Since I have player through before I don't care about clearing every quest hub. so if I had a map that shows me what level each area is I could do a few quests at each level area, then move on to the next level area so I am not doing under leveled quests. It would also help new players in a way that they would not accidentally venture somewhere there could be mobs a few levels higher than they are and get murdered. It would give them guidance so they know what area they should be in and clearing. My first time through I accidentally skipped a quest hub and cleared it when I was over leveled for it and it wasn't as fun. There are many uses for such functionality regardless of what someone that doesn't want to use it thinks, hence why I made a request and put up a poll to determine if it was an idea people could get into. Just vote against it and move on if you don't like it.
03/29/15, 02:50 AM   #12
QuadroTony
Banned
it will be usefull for me in THIS CASE:

i leveling an alt
i buy low level soul gems by my main hero for it, like 50 units
empty gems - because its more profitable
and then i go to proper location with my main char to charge this gems

i missl this feature described in the first post so bad during this routine

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Level Map