05/15/15, 01:26 AM   #1
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Secure Render Mode Bug

Neither SCENE_MANAGER nor WINDOW_MANAGER do handle entering/leaving SecureRenderMode properly. (Opening/Closing Crone Market)

SCENE_MANAGER does not wait until all custom fade-scenes reaching SCENE_HIDDEN state.
Any custom fade-scene with a fade-out duration greather than zero will cause security exceptions (Access private function "StopAllMovements" from ...)
One would expect one could dynamically change the fade-out-duration by handling the EVENT_SECURE_RENDER_MODE_CHANGED and call SetHiddenForReason with a zero fade-duration. But this event is not triggered before the market is causing a security exception already. You have no chance to react to this situation.
The only way to overcome this is to create fade-scenes with zero fade-out duration (which is not default value for ZO_FadeSceneFragment!) just for the rare case the market will be opened...

The same thing the other way round: The SCENE_MANAGER does not wait until market scene reaching SCENE_HIDDEN before showing custom scenes again.
Any key-bind function simply doing SCENE_MANAGER:Show("myscene") or SCENE_MANAGER:ShowBaseScene() without checking WINDOW_MNAGER:IsSecureRenderModeEnabled() and skipping any scene change, will cause a security exception.

Please prove I just doing something wrong, but I think the whole SecureRenderMode transition should be reviewed by ZOS.
05/15/15, 04:41 AM   #2
XanDDemoX
My store does something like this. I can reproduce it by clicking tabs on the world map info control and then clicking on the store.

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameFragments.lua:430: attempt to access a private function 'StopAllMovement' from insecure code
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameFragments.lua:430: in function 'ZO_StopMovementFragment:Show'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:126: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:ShouldBeShown'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:170: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:Refresh'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:291: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragmentsHelper'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:299: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragments'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:256: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:406: in function 'ZO_RemoteScene:SetState'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:155: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:430: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:278: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnS

Last edited by XanDDemoX : 05/15/15 at 06:14 AM.
05/15/15, 09:01 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Looking at secure render mode it only impacts which controls draw and which don't, so it doesn't interact with the security violation code. It might be that something else is happening at the same time secure render mode is changing. I know that any scene that uses the stop movement fragment (I'm only seeing crown store and gamepad scenes using it right now) will trigger a violation if the scene is shown from insecure code. Is there some way your code is showing one of those?
05/15/15, 09:30 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Looking at secure render mode it only impacts which controls draw and which don't, so it doesn't interact with the security violation code. It might be that something else is happening at the same time secure render mode is changing. I know that any scene that uses the stop movement fragment (I'm only seeing crown store and gamepad scenes using it right now) will trigger a violation if the scene is shown from insecure code. Is there some way your code is showing one of those?
If you want to have an example try the current version of Rare Fish Tracker.
It "just" surrounds a TopLevelWindow with a ZO_HUDFadeSceneFragment to handle where and when it is visible. rft is the TopLevelWindow:
Lua Code:
  1. RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT = ZO_HUDFadeSceneFragment:New(rft, 500, 0)
  2.     RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT:SetConditional( function()
  3.         if WORLD_MAP_FRAGMENT:IsShowing() then
  4.             return RFT.settings.shown_world
  5.         else
  6.             if IsUnitInCombat("player") then return false end
  7.             return RFT.settings.shown or RFT.isFishing
  8.         end
  9.     end )
  10.     WORLD_MAP_FRAGMENT:RegisterCallback("StateChange", function(oldState, newState)
  11.         if newState == SCENE_FRAGMENT_SHOWING or newState == SCENE_FRAGMENT_HIDING then
  12.             if RFT.settings.shown_world == RFT.settings.shown then RFT:RestorePosition() end
  13.             RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT:Refresh()
  14.         elseif newState == SCENE_FRAGMENT_HIDDEN then
  15.             RFT.RefreshWindowForZone(GetUnitZone('player'))
  16.         end
  17.     end )
  18.     CALLBACK_MANAGER:RegisterCallback("OnWorldMapChanged", function(navigateIn)
  19.         if WORLD_MAP_FRAGMENT:IsShowing() then
  20.             if navigateIn and GetMapType() ~= MAPTYPE_ZONE then return end
  21.             RFT.RefreshWindowForZone(ZO_WorldMap.zoneName)
  22.         else
  23.             RFT.RefreshWindowForZone(GetUnitZone('player'))
  24.         end
  25.     end )
  26.     RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT:RegisterCallback("StateChange", function(oldState, newState)
  27.         if newState == SCENE_FRAGMENT_SHOWING then RFT:RestorePosition() end
  28.     end )
  29.     EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("RareFishTracker", EVENT_PLAYER_COMBAT_STATE, function() RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT:Refresh() end)
  31.     HUD_SCENE:AddFragment(RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT)
  32.     HUD_UI_SCENE:AddFragment(RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT)
  33.     LOOT_SCENE:AddFragment(RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT)
  34.     WORLD_MAP_SCENE:AddFragment(RARE_FISH_TRACKER_FRAGMENT)
If you change the fade-out duration in line 266 of RareFishWindow.lua (here first line) from 0 to let's say 100 and you make the Rare Fish Tracker window visible, you can't open the store without crash. If you toggle it off first, all is ok.

Last edited by votan : 05/15/15 at 09:33 AM.
05/15/15, 09:33 AM   #5
XanDDemoX
The only usage I have of Fragments is using ZO_FadeSceneFragment in Faster Travel to add its top level controls to the worldmapinfo control :

Code:
<TopLevelControl name="FasterTravel_WorldMapWayshrines" inherits="ZO_WorldMapInfoContent">
<OnInitialized>
self.fragment = ZO_FadeSceneFragment:New(self)
</OnInitialized>
Code:
local function AddWorldMapFragment(strId,fragment,normal,highlight,pressed)
    WORLD_MAP_INFO.modeBar:Add(strId, { fragment }, {pressed = pressed,highlight =highlight,normal = normal})
end

local path = "/esoui/art/treeicons/achievements_indexicon_alliancewar_"

AddWorldMapFragment(SI_MAP_INFO_MODE_WAYSHRINES,wayshrineControl.fragment,path.."up.dds",path.."over.dds",path.."down.dds")

path = "/esoui/art/mainmenu/menubar_group_"

AddWorldMapFragment(SI_MAP_INFO_MODE_PLAYERS,playersControl.fragment,path.."up.dds",path.."over.dds",path.."down.dds")

Last edited by XanDDemoX : 05/15/15 at 09:49 AM.
05/18/15, 07:57 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Thanks for the test code. I was able to repro it here. It seems like the problem is: if you are the last fragment to complete in a scene then you will trigger the code to show the next scene which will be a security violation if that scene includes a fragment that calls a private function immediately on show. Fixing this will be a bit of work to separate out scenes a bit more. In the mean time you should be able to have an animation as long as it's finishes just before the slowest scene fragment.
05/18/15, 12:15 PM   #7
votan

Thanks for the test code. I was able to repro it here. It seems like the problem is: if you are the last fragment to complete in a scene then you will trigger the code to show the next scene which will be a security violation if that scene includes a fragment that calls a private function immediately on show. Fixing this will be a bit of work to separate out scenes a bit more. In the mean time you should be able to have an animation as long as it's finishes just before the slowest scene fragment.
Thank you, Chip.
But I don't know, if I got you right. Any fade-out duration greather than zero (even 2ms) raises an exception.

By the way: You can also cause the exception the other way round:
Do this in chat window, while market is open:
Lua Code:
  1. /script SCENE_MANAGER:ShowBaseScene()
05/18/15, 12:17 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You need to buy a slower, old computer. Maybe it's able to end an animation before the slowes scene gets loaded then (just joking)
05/18/15, 02:14 PM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
For the HUD scene a fade out of anything over 0 will trigger the error since the HUD scene hides instantly (to provide quick access to the UI). For all of the other scenes, being faster than 200ms should be okay.
05/18/15, 02:30 PM   #10
votan

For the HUD scene a fade out of anything over 0 will trigger the error since the HUD scene hides instantly (to provide quick access to the UI). For all of the other scenes, being faster than 200ms should be okay.
Ah. Alright. Of course I tested with HUD scene
And right, using 150ms for RFT from World Map worked without exception.

200ms is the default value of ZO_FadeSceneFragment. Therefore any usage of that class without specifing a duration <200ms will cause trouble.
05/18/15, 08:22 PM   #11
XanDDemoX
Thanks setting the fragment.duration = 100 has fixed opening the store whilst one of Faster Travel's tabs are open.
05/18/15, 10:42 PM   #12
Atropos

Hey all, I was having a problem with a related issue. I have a function in my addon where I want to return the player to the main game scene.

I was using the following:

if SCENE_MANAGER:IsInUIMode() then SCENE_MANAGER:SetInUIMode(false) end
The problem is if a user goes directly to the crown store at the same time it triggers a render error. I'm not sure if it's the BEST approach, but what I discovered was a workaround was to add an extra condition:

if ( SCENE_MANAGER:IsInUIMode() and SCENE_MANAGER.currentScene.name ~= "market" ) then SCENE_MANAGER:SetInUIMode(false) end
Perhaps there is a more reliable way to detect whether the player is viewing a securely rendered scene, but if not I would like to propose the addition of a simple function like IsSecureRender() or something as a quick way to avoid attempting code that we know will fail.
05/18/15, 11:25 PM   #13
votan

Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
Perhaps there is a more reliable way to detect whether the player is viewing a securely rendered scene, but if not I would like to propose the addition of a simple function like IsSecureRender() or something as a quick way to avoid attempting code that we know will fail.
I guess this is what you looking for:
Lua Code:
  1. local enabled = WINDOW_MANAGER:IsSecureRenderModeEnabled()
You can find that in the Patch Notes of 1.6 topic "Secure Render Mode".

And you are right. As I initially posted, you have to prevent any scene change from add-on code, if you are in the market = crone shop = secure render mode.
Including SCENE_MANAGER:SetInUIMode(false), SCENE_MANAGER:ShowBaseScene() or SCENE_MANAGER:Show("AnyScene")
05/19/15, 01:00 AM   #14
Atropos

Originally Posted by votan View Post
I guess this is what you looking for:
Lua Code:
  1. local enabled = WINDOW_MANAGER:IsSecureRenderModeEnabled()
Yep, that's the one. I knew there must be a function already, I just couldn't find it browsing through the docs!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Secure Render Mode Bug