03/16/15, 12:41 PM   #1
Jhenox

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Recently uploaded Addon not showing in Minion?

Hello. I recently added CraftAutoLoot but I can't find it from Minion. Is there something I am missing? I made sure to select a category when I uploaded it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
03/16/15, 03:31 PM   #2
Randactyl
All uploads are checked and approved manually by the moderation team. Generally the process is pretty quick. You can be sure the addon is available once the "*Pending" text has been removed from the addon's entry in your uploads list (Author -> My Addon List)
03/16/15, 06:38 PM   #3
Jhenox

Unhappy

That is the strange thing. It has been approved and is available for manual download but still won't show up when searching in Minion. I am stumped.
03/17/15, 06:20 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try to put your addon into a folder name "CraftAutoLoot"! Currently your zip file only contains two files. They will be just extracted into the addons folder without any subfolder.
I think Minion is not able to work with this single files without a parent folder.
03/17/15, 12:07 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Jhenox,

Minion is ignoring your AddOn because it has no sub-folder inside the zip. You need to have a sub-folder named the same as your txt file but ofcourse with out the txt.

So in your case you need to...
  • Create a folder called CraftAutoLoot (must have the same name/case as your txt file, minus the .txt ofcourse.)
  • Put your lua & txt inside that folder
  • Now zip up the folder you just created that contains that lua and txt files (CraftAutoLoot)
  • Upload your new zip that contains the sub-folder for the AddOn as an update to your AddOn
  • Once approved it should then show on Minion

Last edited by Dolby : 03/17/15 at 12:20 PM.
03/17/15, 07:51 PM   #6
Jhenox

Thank you all! It was my first addon and I was really wondering about the zip file before uploading and now I know!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Recently uploaded Addon not showing in Minion?