06/10/14, 02:13 AM   #1
Locnar
Non Functioning Escape key

Anyone else having issues where the escape key fails to function in game? IE after random amount of time pressing the escape key no longer closes windows or brings up the main menu.

I was told by someone they had the issue after they installed an alchemy addon. I disabling my addons one at a time trying to find the offending addon but figured someone might have already figured it out.

Thanks!
06/10/14, 07:52 AM   #2
CrazyDutchGuy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
a /reloadui resolves it, what the cause is, i don't know. Maybe someone else knows ^^
06/10/14, 07:57 AM   #3
Locnar
Originally Posted by CrazyDutchGuy View Post
a /reloadui resolves it, what the cause is, i don't know. Maybe someone else knows ^^
Yeah, reloadui will cure it for a short period of time but doesn't fix it or stop it from happening again.
06/10/14, 08:49 AM   #4
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not really sure if this will help, but Thelegendaryof (in this topic) said, that this issue can be caused by editbox method :SetKeyboardEnabled(...). Try to find an addon that has text "SetKeyboardEnabled" in .lua file.

As for the Alchemist addon, it works for me without any errors. The only issue can be with the embedded Unicorn library as it exposes variable self to the global space. It can cause conflicts with other addons. If you want to fix it, open Alchemist\lib\Unicorn\Unicorn\List.lua in text editor and change line 207 from:
Lua Code:
  1. self = {
to:
Lua Code:
  1. local self = {
06/11/14, 03:52 AM   #5
Locnar
Thanks Garkin.

I don't have the Alchemy addon install. It was just a tip from another user as to why this was happening to him as well.

I will go through the addons and see which, if any, of them has the SetKeyboardEnabled.

Thank you.
06/11/14, 04:17 PM   #6
Cavanoskus
Premium Member

Premium Member
AutoEmote was the culprit for me.
06/12/14, 05:12 AM   #7
Locnar
I look through all the lua files and didn't find SetKeyboardEnabled in any of them.

Is it possible that it's a conflict between two addons that render the escape key inop?

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Non Functioning Escape key