04/16/14, 12:45 AM   #1
Dat
Minion Update and Download Issues

Hey guys,
I was really excited when I stumbled across the little ad for minion atop my ESOUI search page. What could be better right? Well after installing the application and running it I was presented with a pretty simple update question.

That was no big deal, I clicked update and I was shown this screen.

Okay, still not a huge deal. Except for the fact that after waiting an hour for anything to happen I was stuck with that same screen. So I exited the app, restarted my computer, and set about trying it without the update. However I was only left with 30 minutes of waiting while nothing downloaded.

Sure, it said it was downloading, but come on the FTC files took me like 15 seconds to download through my browser, surely it shouldn't take 30 minutes.
I've checked my firewall and antivirus, those have no reason to cause any issues. I've made sure my directories and stuff are set to the right folders. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled about four times now, and I'm still met with the same resounding issues. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to get it fixed so I can use Minion?

Thanks
~Dat
04/16/14, 12:56 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you attach your minion.xml and minion0.log, that should help with diagnosing your issue.

It is located in your windows user directory under .minion
C:\Users\<your username>\.minion\

I also see the icon for the game and the game banner that should be across the top is missing on Minion as well as all the icons on the home page. Something is blocking our CDN on your computer (Like a firewall?). It is cdn.eso.mmoui.com (ESO AddOn downloads) & cdn.mmoui.com (Minion Updates).

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 04/16/14 at 01:00 AM.
04/16/14, 12:59 AM   #3
Dat
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Can you attach your minion.xml and minion0.log, that should help with diagnosing your issue.

It is located in your windows user directory under .minion
C:\Users\<your username>\.minion\

Thanks
No problem at all.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (12.2 KB, 493 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (778 Bytes, 432 views)
04/16/14, 01:09 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Problem could be one of two things:

1. You might have Minion running twice, it does this if you try to run Minion a second time. Close Minion, then right click on your task bar and choose "Start Task Manager" and click the "Processes" tab. Do you see anything named Minion listed? If so select them and choose "End process" and try to start Minion again.

2. Firewall or something is blocking Minion from accessing files on our CDN, check any logs or blacklists you might have.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks!
04/16/14, 01:17 AM   #5
Dat
Problem could be one of two things:

1. You might have Minion running twice, it does this if you try to run Minion a second time. Close Minion, then right click on your task bar and choose "Start Task Manager" and click the "Processes" tab. Do you see anything named Minion listed? If so select them and choose "End process" and try to start Minion again.

2. Firewall or something is blocking Minion from accessing files on our CDN, check any logs or blacklists you might have.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks!
There is only one instance of "Minion 2" showing in my Task manager. I rechecked my firewall and antivirus/antispyware settings and Minion is excluded on every one of them. Any other ideas?
04/16/14, 01:21 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There is only one instance of "Minion 2" showing in my Task manager.
Was Minion running or closed when you checked, are you sure you were looking at the "processes" tab it should say Minion.exe if you are looking under the process tab not Minion 2?

Is there anything called javaw.exe in the list too?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion-process.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	145  

Last edited by Dolby : 04/16/14 at 01:33 AM.
04/16/14, 01:41 AM   #7
Dat
Was Minion running or closed when you checked, are you sure you were looking at the "processes" tab it should say Minion.exe if you are looking under the process tab not Minion 2?

Is there anything called javaw.exe in the list too?
I checked for both to make sure it wasn't hanging up. Sorry I'm using Windows 8.1, and there is only one Minion.exe open. No javaw.exe either. Only my Java update Scheduler.

04/17/14, 11:25 PM   #8
Dat
So I guess there is no resolution to my issue at this time? Well, hopefully one day it will work as intended. Brilliant idea for a little program.
04/17/14, 11:31 PM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Code:
  <message>java.net.SocketException: Connection reset</message>
Something is blocking Minions internet connection. We confirmed that Minion is running twice (which can result in this error), and you investigated your firewall and anti-virus already.

I know one person who has a BigFoot Killer Network card found that the software it installs has some type of firewall as well. If you have that network card.

A few other people have had a bad config for their winsock configuration. You may want to try as this user suggests: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showpost...0&postcount=17

Last edited by Dolby : 04/17/14 at 11:36 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Update and Download Issues