12/20/14, 04:55 PM   #1
Sp00sty
[Knowledge]API allowed to query Alt skill stats w/o being active character?

I have been keeping up with my Alt-Crafter skills on pen&paper and was wondering if the API allows a addon to query and return skill stats like the AIResearch queries research info across all characters.
12/20/14, 08:43 PM   #2
rkuhnjr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the api can not query an alts researches but there are plenty of addons that will track your researches across all characters, it does require to log in each char you wish to track.

Probably the most popular one is AI Research Grid
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...earchGrid.html

I am working on an Addon/ Application / website that will let you track monitor and even notify you in regards to your researches while offline as well called IGOR that is still in Beta as i am finishing it up, would probably be done already if it wasn't for Dragon Age...

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...Assistant.html
12/20/14, 09:17 PM   #3
Sp00sty
I'm really sorry that I didn't explain myself well,

AIResearch Grid addon is the example I was referring to that could query data across all characters (Alts).

What I was asking if there is API code to query the current crafting skills across all characters. That data then could be arranged into a graphical form like AIResearch Grid does.
12/21/14, 06:50 AM   #4
Garkin

Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post

AIResearch Grid addon is the example I was referring to that could query data across all characters (Alts).

What I was asking if there is API code to query the current crafting skills across all characters. That data then could be arranged into a graphical form like AIResearch Grid does.
As rkuhnjr said, there is no way to get information about offline characters.
12/21/14, 08:17 PM   #5
katkat42
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post

The way AI Research Grid does it is, it saves all of the research data for your current character in an account-wide SavedVariables file. Then, when you switch characters, it looks at the saved data to see what your other character knows. Research Assistant and SousChef do something similar.

The back-end coding really isn't too hard; the trick is figuring out how you want to format the information for display. (See my sig )
12/21/14, 11:03 PM   #6
Sp00sty
@KatKat42

That's the basic idea I was hoping to get to. If the API has calls for Crafting Skill Levels I would settle for just another grid-row table for display.

Just something to look at before I start passing decon items to the Alt-Crafter I'm trying to level, and it would also be a quick check to see who needs more playtime.

Limited to Character name/abbrev and just Major Skill and level it might not be too busy.

Thanks for the insight I might start learning to code to get this done.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Knowledge]API allowed to query Alt skill stats w/o being active character?