06/04/14, 12:21 PM   #1
Mixis
Virus Web Ads

Your advertisements are trying to put unwanted Java scripts on my computer please remove them.

"Do you want to open or save dpx.js (4.39KB) from i.simpli.fi?"

Also there are a couple Ads the redirect my browser to another site that tells me that my Adobe Flash player is out of date and tries to install a version NOT from Adobe website.

-OR-

Help me block them.
06/04/14, 12:25 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you for the report. I'll let out ad team know about this right now.
06/04/14, 02:05 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Just an update, our ad team is working to track these down and kill them.

In the mean time here is some suggested features you can enable in your browser:

Chrome
To prevent Chrome from being redirected to another site without your knowledge, click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" button. The button has three horizontal lines on it. Click "Settings." Click the "Show Advanced Settings" link to display more setting options. In the Privacy section, click "Enable Phishing and Malware Protection." Close the browser window. Google now displays a warning if the browser is trying to redirect you.

The Chrome Web Store also has the Remove Redirects for Google and Fix Url Links Redirect add-ons that can stop browser redirects.

Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox, click the "Open Menu" button, which has three horizontal lines. Click the "Options" button in the panel that opens. Click the "Advanced" button and then the "General" tab. In the Accessibility section, check the "Warn Me When Websites Try to Redirect or Reload the Page" box. Click "OK."

Firefox also has a few add-ons that can stop browser redirects. They are NoRedirect, Redirect Bypasser and Redirect Remover.

Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer doesn't have a way to expressly stop redirects. Instead, you have to limit the whole Internet. Click the "Tools" button, which looks like a gear. Click "Internet Options." Click the "Security" tab. In the Security Levels for This Zone pane, set the slider to "High." This prevents IE from running ActiveX controls, which is how many browser redirects are carried out. However, this might prevent some safe sites from loading correctly. Click "OK."
06/05/14, 11:19 AM   #4
Mixis
still does not stop my browser from redirecting to
http://getmeandroind.com******* and wanting me to update my Adobe flash player

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Virus Web Ads