Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07/17/17, 03:19 PM   #1
Enodoc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Adding a Tab to the Journal Screen

I considered titling this thread "Adding an Element to an Existing UI Control" but then I realised that could be too general or just outright incorrect.

What I would like to do is create an add-on listing all completed quests under a new tab in the Journal. Getting completed quests is probably the easy bit (CaptainBlagbird is already helping with that) -- the hard bit is getting that list to display as part of the native UI format rather than as its own pop-up or in chat. I hope this should technically be possible, as I've seen add-ons already adding additional tabs to the World Map; here, we're just using the Journal instead of the Map.

The new window would have a list on the left of categories, similar to the way the Active Quests list and Cadwell's Almanac tabs already work, and some of those categories would have sub-entries.

And now rather than trying to explain it further, I'm just going to put in a couple of pictures, and ask "How do I do this?"

List of things I think I need to know:
  • How to add a tab.
  • How to add a list on the left of the new tab.
  • How to make elements of that list expandable to have sub-lists.
  • How to make something appear on the right when you click something on the left.
  • How to make the thing on the right scrollable if it's too long.
  • How to make the list on the left scrollable if it gets too long.
  • How to make everything go away if you click something else.
There's probably other things too that I haven't even considered yet...

Thanks for any assistance you can provide, and if anyone would like to be a collaborator on this add-on, let me know!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Adding a Tab to the Journal Screen