08/24/17, 09:37 AM   #1
AssemblerManiac
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Guild Bank deposits

I'd like to request a modification to an HoTR feature - View Guild Bank Gold.

Due to the random loss of gold when deposited into guild bank, it would be very helpful if each user could see their own deposits (gold and items).

It will still remove the ability for someone to see how much gold is being deposited into guild bank, but will still let you see what you've done yourself.

If there's no way to do partial change to the UI, is there a callback event when gold is deposited into guild bank? I know an event occurs for items. Popping a msg into chat (via addon) would at least let them know gold actually went in properly.

08/24/17, 09:47 AM   #2
Dolgubon

That would be a good option. I know there's a lot of trading guilds that do raffles based on guild bank gold deposits. If players can't verify that their gold was received then that can be an issue, especially if the guild kicks based on lack of raffle entries. The other option that I think would work for guild leaders is toggling the view guild bank gold option, but that's not ideal for them.

08/24/17, 12:58 PM   #3
silvereyes

I liked the idea from the official forums to freeze the gold for a trader bid (i.e. can't be withdrawn) in the bank at the time of bid, and only remove the reserved gold at the time of trader flip if you win. The bid amount wouldn't be visible in history until after the flip. Any surplus gold in the guild bank over and above your bid would still be able to be withdrawn during the open bidding time.

That would have allowed the deposit/withdrawal history and current balance be completely transparent while eliminating bid spying. The current situation of fighting bid spies by hiding everything works, but transparency suffers greatly.

08/24/17, 01:08 PM   #4
Dolgubon

However, it would still be possible to determine the amount of gold that the guild bid, which is not information most guilds want to give out. That information could harm them in future weeks.

09/10/17, 10:33 PM   #5
calia1120

If users could only view their own deposits (basically filtered history), and not the guild bank balance, it would work nicely.

09/12/17, 10:53 AM   #6
Shissu
Shissu Guild Tools

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Guild Bank deposits