04/21/17, 03:21 AM   #1
karmamuscle
Confused about Minion usage, download AddOns from website

Hi,
just started playing ESO today and wanted to try out some AddOns.

Previously I've always done modding manually, but decided to try Minion out when starting ESO.

Now for the confusion part, is Minion not supposed to grab the files when I click Download on an AddOn page?
Or am I to download manually and just install through Minion.

If it is supposed to grab the file when I click Download, I cannot get that to work.
It opens the manually download dialog.

Tried starting Minion in Admin mode on windows 10, didn't help.

-KarmaMuscle
04/21/17, 11:33 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Start Minion, tell Minion where your game directory is and it should automatically try to find your addon directory.
You are able to reset this in the settings of minion. Check the top right corner of the Minion UI, there you'll find an icon for the settings.

If you install an addon with Minion it is automatically downloaded and extracted to the AddOns subdirectory in your live directory.
So Minion is doing everything for you, you just need to run and update the addons with it.

And yes it needs to be started in Admin Mode.
04/21/17, 05:37 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If you are clicking download on this website Minion will not auto-install the AddOn. You can browse and search for AddOns inside the Minion app.

Load up Minion and it should show an Elder Scrolls Online icon under the games list on the left hand site. Click on that game. Then across the top there should be tabs "Installed", "Find More", etc. Click under "Find More" and you should be able to search for AddOns to install. Find an AddOn you like and press the [Install] button and it will install it and you'll see it listed under the "Installed" tab.

If thats not what your talking about please clarify.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.50.43 PM.png
Views:	337
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	868  

Last edited by Dolby : 04/21/17 at 05:51 PM.
04/22/17, 02:39 AM   #4
karmamuscle
Yeah, started using the search function in Minion.

I thought that when I pressed Download on the website, Minion would catch that and download the AddOn directly.

Sorry for confusion.

- Karmamuscle

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Confused about Minion usage, download AddOns from website