06/07/15, 10:24 AM   #1
OmniObsessed
Cool [outdated] Tracking/Trending of Changes to Core Stats

We need our character sheets and underlying API as well to reflect accurately. Including but not limited to: Champion Points, Passives, Armor and Weapon sets, Cyrodiil Buffs etc...

------

For example, our char sheets don't show the result of CPs invested in magicka regen. So the only way to quantitatively confirm the result is to the track the speed at which regen occurs over time. This way if/when there's a bug with regen (I get it frequently when grinding) or you increase your regen via food/pots etc.. or CP allocation you see the result of it.

There are a ton of addons out there that enhance/track regen values and resource pools whether via numbers, visual indicators or both. But none of them have the full picture.

Last edited by OmniObsessed : 06/10/15 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Clarity

06/07/15, 10:48 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd like to see the correct values at my character screen, including the champion points! At least this would help to see what changes to which value, without having to test and fight for hours after experimenting with the CPs...

06/10/15, 06:28 AM   #3
OmniObsessed
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'd like to see the correct values at my character screen, including the champion points! At least this would help to see what changes to which value, without having to test and fight for hours after experimenting with the CPs...
Most definitely! Even w/PTS it's a PITA to figure out the optimum point allocation.

06/10/15, 08:35 AM   #4
XanDDemoX
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like its possible to total up the points spent on each discipline and skill and the attributes and abilities (champion) they contribute towards

(Code untested)

Code:
local attribs = {}
local abilities = {}

local count, attr, ability

for d =1, GetNumChampionDisciplines() do

attr = GetChampionDisciplineAttribute(d)

count = attribs[attr] or 0 

count = count + GetNumPointsSpentInChampionDiscipline(d)

attribs[attr] = count

for s=1, GetNumChampionDisciplineSkills(d) do

ability = GetChampionAbilityId(d,s)

count = abilities[ability] or 0 

count = count + GetNumPointsSpentOnChampionSkill(d,s)

abilities[ability] = count

end

end
But it also looks like problem comes when you want some real values for abilities , it appears they're only available as a string (though I'm sure I'm missing something ) but that may not be a problem for display purposes

Code:
GetChampionAbilityDescription(integer abilityId, integer numPendingPoints)
Returns: string description

Last edited by XanDDemoX : 06/10/15 at 08:37 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Tracking/Trending of Changes to Core Stats